Drum roll, please…….
Not only is the Ricki Lake Show relaunching this fall (insert clapping!), but the Ricki Lake Magazine just launched online and yours truly is a going to be a contributing writer (insert cartwheel) and I’d love to represent your voices! My first assignment focuses on Women’s Emotional Health: burning the wick at both ends. Many of us are in the “sandwich generation” where we’re taking care of our kids, our parents and seldom ourselves. We wear multiple hats for many reasons and it seems at times that it’s not the village who’s raising your child but you who’s caring for the entire village (sorry, I was having a moment…) Some of us spin into a controlled chaos of sorts & justify doing it all ourselves because it’s just easier than wasting precious time delegating and risking a redo later. How did it get this way and when is it too much?? I’d like to know:
- What is it that makes you feel overwhelmed & does it affect your health?
- How does the stress impact how you engage w/your kids?
- What would you like to do differently to eliminate some of the stress triggers in your life?
- Do you find it easier to delegate certain things or just get them done yourself?
- If you’ve found balance, what’s tips can you share?
- Do you feel like household responsibilities are equally distributed in your home?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on some or all of these points! And feel free to share this with your friends. Many more polls to come as I write more articles. This is your chance to be heard and YOUR voice could impact an upcoming Ricki Lake Show!